Original recipe/article taken from cannabis.wiki
Out of all the festive Christmas recipes that appear to be timeless, eggnog is one that makes its way onto the table of most celebrating families each year. It’s incredibly sweet, thick, and rich, which is why it’s a treat that we don’t want all year round, but we truly enjoy it during that one time of year where it’s everywhere. Even if it’s only a small amount for nostalgic purposes.
This eggnog recipe has been adjusted and allows for a substantial level of sweetness that you’d expect from the delicious drink without it being overpowering. It also includes a very special ingredient that will add some extra special Christmas cheer to all those who try it, and it isn’t cannabutter like you see in so many edibles recipe. In this eggnog recipe, kief is used to infuse the drink with a potent hit of THC.
What is kief?
Kief is a marijuana concentrate that consists of the powers that are harvested from cannabis bud flowers. It contains much more THC than the bud which it is taken from, and its fine texture makes it easy to mix into dishes without having to strain everything out with a cheesecloth. It also boasts a high percentage of terpenes, which can help to improve on and alter the flavor of the drink, especially for those who truly enjoy those aspects of cannabis.
How to make eggnog with kief
Using a lower dose of kief is highly recommended for new consumers, as edibles, including beverages, can be incredibly intense, potent, and long-lasting, which is why they are so often the culprit responsible for adverse reactions or experiences. The amount of kief called for in this eggnog recipe is intended for a mature and well-experienced group that has spent time building up a tolerance to THC.
- 1 cup of milk (whole)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 gram of kief
- ½ cup of white granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and nutmeg (combined for topping)
- Salt to taste
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Sous vide water bath (or pot filled with water)
- Ziploc freezer-safe baggie
- Blender (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Sprinkle the kief across a parchment-lined baking sheet, then cook it in the oven for 20 minutes to decarboxylate. This will activate the cannabinoids, and without this necessary step, the eggnog will not get you high.
- Preheat the water bath or pot filled halfway with water to 185°F.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cinnamon mixture to a mixing bowl and cream them together with a whisk until the liquid in lump-free and creamy.
- Pour the liquid into the Ziploc baggie and remove as much of the air as possible before sealing.
- Drop the baggie into the liquid bath and allow to cook for 1 hour at this exact temperature.
- After the hour has passed, removed the baggie from the water and let it cool completely in the refrigerator before serving.
- When you are ready to enjoy the weed-infused eggnog, pour the liquid into two glasses and top with the cinnamon nutmeg mixture for an extra fancy touch.