Release Your Inner Chef on May 17th
May 17th is World Baking Day and we think there’s no better time to learn how to become a super-baked super-chef. Bake Sale All Purpose Flower makes it easy for you to start your exploration into cannabis baking/cooking. Bake Sale All Purpose Flower is a blended product that offers quality buds with pungent aromas, approachable THC levels, and a variety of options for consumption. Outstanding value at low cost per gram, great for cooking (making edibles, tinctures and oils) and a very approachable potency make Bake Sale a great entry point.
Where to Start
Mastering a perfect Cannabutter or Cannaoil is the absolute BEST place to start as you build your experience with cannabis baking/cooking. Since there are SO many recipes that use oil or butter as a foundation ingredient, it allows you to make your favourite dishes canna-infused. The good people at Bake Sale have included a Cannabutter/Cannaoil recipe below – and we are throwing in a classic canna-recipe… BROWNIES!
The classic ingredient for cooking baked goods with cannabis. For plant-based chefs, substitute butter with the same amount of coconut oil.
7 grams (1/4 oz.) decarboxylated cannabis flower
1 cup butter or coconut oil
1.5 cups water
Required equipment: wooden spoon, cheesecloth or metal strainer, bowl, mason jar or other final container
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat water and butter/oil over very low heat.
- Add milled, decarboxylated cannabis, mixing well with wooden spoon.
- Gently simmer on very low heat for 4 hours. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. PRO TIP: use a thermometer to ensure the temperature doesn’t exceed 180°F (82°C).
- After 4 hours, strain mixture through cheesecloth into a bowl. Discard leftover plant material.
- Refrigerate until butter/oil is separated from water and slightly hardened on top.
- Skim butter/oil from top and place in a container. Use immediately or keep in the freezer.
Not sure about potency? Use this chart to adapt the recipe above – customize your desired potency by increasing/decreasing the amount of decarboxylated cannabis used.
Values represent milligrams of THC per 1 tablespoon of finished cannabutter (mg/tbsp), cooked using 1 cup of butter/oil.
Bud’s Famous Brownies
These weed-iculously fudgy brownies will satisfy all your cravings.
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup cannabutter/oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cannabis oil or cannabutter, white and brown sugar with handmixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed for one minute (note: the mixture’s colorshould lighten a bit).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low until fully mixed.
- Transfer the batter evenly to a greased baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on how well done you like yourbrownies.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 30 minutes.
Now that you are well on your way to become a canna-chef, always remember to consume responsibly, at your own pace and of course within your limits. Click the link below to grab your baking goodies just in time for May 17th, World Baking Day.